
So my friend Dawnnie is back in town for the weekend. She stayed with me and we had a two-day DATE! It was absoultely a TOTALLY FUN time! She's the gal that welcomed me upon arrival to NYC at the end of my cross-country roadtrip on March 2nd 2009.
She's fabulous. Fun. An actress. A caretaker and lover of her friends and children. Smart and beautiful. She's a blast and we had fuuun!
Before heading out on a walk through Central Park - we took the fur-babies for a walk through the UWS. The energy on the weekend is very different...everyone is on HOLIDAY it seems. You can taste it in the air!


We enjoyed the colorful smile of the fresh flowers and Pinkberry cones. Mmmm...but lick it FAST. It was a warm day!


And Lacey, bless her heart, always knows where the air conditioning is...INSIDE. She'll investigate every door we pass if I let her. Always happy to pop in and great everyone. In this case, she kept an eye on Dawnnie. I think she wouldn't have minded getting her "lick" on!



Our trek through CP was a gorgeous one. Really green and the huge grandfather trees offered a welcome shade from the sun.

I tried out my new glasses.
We walked across the park to the Upper East Side in search of a Yankees Tshirt especially requested by Dawnnie's family at Model's Sports Shop. I ducked in Banana Republic instead (of course, it was next door) and enjoyed a ridiculous sale: $22 for a $90 dress. YAY ME.
Dawnnie knows NYC much better than I and brought me to her favorite Mexican Restaurant on the UES. (Dawnnie - remind me?) Good mexican is not easy to find at a reasonable price in our neighborhood.



So I forgot to mention: Saturday morning before heading out - Dawnnie and I jumped on my computer and bought ourselved Center BALCONY seats for under $90 each for that night's 8pm show of Mary Poppins on Broadway. I couldn't believe what great seats. We were so excited. We caught a cab back across town so we could freshen up before leaving for the threatre! (I love saying that!)

I've walked past this theatre a zillion times since moving here - and now I'm finally seeing this show! With GOOD SEATS! YAY!



Dawnnie sat in the first row (balcony) center and I sat in the second right behind her. I couldn't have been happier! And she looks pretty please with her view as well.


Yes, those are my knees :)

What a fun day, let's get some sleep and hang out some more tomorrow...
TO BE CONTINUED.
3 comments:
Wow! Awesome content - it's good to hear from you again. :-)
Janet
You guys look like you had such a blast! I loved reading about your weekend together and seeing all the cute pictures! Wish I could have seen "Mary Poppins" with you...I bet it was great! :)
What great fun you look to be having, and what a grand adventure, Victoria! Keep up the blogging--we all enjoy sharing your joy.
Joan Leeson
Post a Comment